Saturday, April 11, 2009

No phones and random...

Well, for those of you who don't know, we sold our phones and are phoneless until next week. Then Adam will have a new number, and I will have his old one. (We won't have the 634 number anymore.) Just a heads-up.
I had to take a minute and write about our fun, crazy day yesterday. I was having one of those "talkin' to myself and feeling blue" moods, and then there was a knock on the door and when I opened it, there were Daniel and Stephanie! Nothing like your big brother surprising you to make you feel special and loved. It was so nice to have grown-ups to talk to for a little while. While they were here, Adam came home and then a plumber arrived to fix our bathtub that broke a couple of days ago. Adam was up helping him, and Daniel and Stephanie and I were downstairs, when all of a sudden, I heard a terrible sound coming from our laundry room (which is right below the bathroom)...it sounded something like "WOOSH!" and sure enough, when I opened the door, water was pooring from the ceiling (all over our laundry that was waiting to get cleaned...at least it wasn't clean yet!). The plumber came running down and told us that it looked like it had been doing that for a while and asked if we hadn't noticed anything before...well, we just thought that our washer had been leaking!
So he tore out our ceiling and replaced the pipe (which had a hole the size of a quarter in it). It was awesome that Daniel and Steph were here to help us with the girls while I moved wet laundry and Adam helped the plumber!
And it just made me think again how hard of a job that would be...I had to wear my pretty yellow dishwashing gloves just to touch the yucky laundry...no way I would reach up into a spider-infested moldy wet dark ceiling...I think that in some ways I am very much DebT's neice!

4 comments:

  1. Oh the excitement of being a grown up. Don't you just love home repairs, they always seem to be bigger than thought in the first place. Your family is adorable. Adam, your an awesome man, I'm glad that Havelah was able to meet someone as special as you. You are definitely an awesome role model to all who come in contact with you. Good job on helping the plumber also. Havelah, I know you are an awesome mother, because you learned from the best. You have always been so sweet and so uplifting to everyone around you. I have never heard you be negative in your whole life. Keep up the good work you two. Love ya. Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Havelah, I am your mom's cousin Katrina. My Dad is Gary, your grandpa Campbell's brother. I just wanted to say hi. I hope you don't mind of I follow your blog. I love your family very much. I still think of your mom as too young to have a daughter with daughters of her own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck - I'm glad Daniel and Stephanie were there to help out at such a crazy time! Darn those house repairs...it seems like if it's not one thing, it's another, isn't it? We need to get together soon - I miss you! And your family pictures are all SO GREAT! Deb did a great job, and you guys are all just so cute and photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaargh! I can't imagine water pouring through the ceiling! Definately a great story to tell later, but a nightmare to go through!!

    ReplyDelete