Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cute things...



Today I was doing crunches, the backwards kind where you lift your legs. I was counting out loud, and Ky was watching me intently. Then she plopped her little self down on the floor and started kicking her legs in the air, saying over and over again, "dree, dree, dree" (three)...the funniest part was that she had shoes on and kept kicking herself in the face over and over again, but still didn't stop! Soon she gave me this look like, "mom, this is NO FUN! Why are you doing this?!" All the while kicking herself in the face and chanting "dree, dree, dree"! :-) Oh, to have the flexibility of a child!

When we have family scripture study, I let Kyla read with me, and she helps me with the word "and". So every time she sees letters in a book, she gets really excited and yells, "AN!" Yesterday I was watching Kyla play and she didn't know it. She ran and grabbed her "pidures" (scriptures) and started to "read". She was babbling and doing nonsense words, while pointing along with her finger. Then all of a sudden she would yell "AN"! Then she would throw her little fist in the air and yell, "DO!" (that is what she does for Nephi...I will GO, I will DO!) and then go back to gabbling. It was SO cute!

Unfortunately, her new favorite word is, you guessed it... NO. She strings words together now, but they usually involve the word no. The longest phrase that I have heard her say yet was, "NO, Daddy, BABY!" (She didn't want daddy to touch her baby doll.) UGH. What do we do? Say, "no, kyla, don't tell us no!"???

And the last thing I wanted to write about was that today I was a manly woman and fixed Kyla's crib into a Toddler bed! She is just growing up so quickly! I put her down for a nap, and it was funny, because she played in there for over an hour, and didn't get out of bed once, even though she could. That surprised me a lot.

I am so grateful to be a Mom, it fills me with such joy and hope to see these precious children grow!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Hav! It sounds like you are having some fun experiences with your little ones! I can't wait till Kambree is old enough to do those things, but I don't want to wish away these days either. I second you on being grateful to be a mom. I love love love it! Kambree brings such a sweet spirit to our home and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to raise her, I hope I can be as good a mother as you, I have always looked to you as an example! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hav I am still laughing. Kyla is so funny!!! And what child's favorite word ISN'T no?? :) Too cute! Especially kicking her face an chanting three... I miss her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Havalava! That is SO cute!! I love Kyla she is a QT! I love the DO! That is something I want to come and see! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did that even make sense? I hope it did... What I mean to say on the last part was that I want to come see Kyla say "DO!" Okay, Love ya again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Havi! THis is Dest! I love this blog set-up! I feel like we are on the couch chatting together! I love you, and I lvoe your stories! Keep them up! --Hey, Can I have Neah's email address?

    ReplyDelete