Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference Weekend







Wasn't this past weekend wonderful? It is always so neat to hear from the Prophet of the Lord, and from all of the inspired leaders. Adam and I went out to Grantsville for the weekend, and it was fun to be with family. We met some of Destinee's roommates, and Derek was so sweet and shared his hard-earned conference tickets with them so that they could have the opportunity to go and see the Sunday afternoon session live. One of the girls, Jessica, is from Florida and had never been before. Adam's Dad took the girls in to Salt Lake in time for the session and then waited for them to take them home. What a sacrifice! Every time that I am with Adam's familia, I am struck again at how wonderful they all are, and how blessed I am to be a part of their family. My girls are so lucky to have wonderful examples on both sides of the family!
I am still working on getting my pictures from the weekend loaded on...so I will get them here when I can.
Also last weekend, sweet DebT took family pictures for us!! Yeah! We love them, I just wish that I could use ALL of them on here.
We left Kyla for a night on her own out with Grandma...and when she came home last night, she was DEVASTATED!! Her little heart was broken...she sobbed for an hour after Grandma drove away. I tried everything she loves to make her happy...ring around the rosies, books, songs...nothing worked. She just kept asking for Grandma. She finally calmed down as we watched home videos of herself. But then on one Daddy said, "Kyla, can you say Grandma?" The tears started all over again! :-/ This morning when she woke up she kept saying so hopefully, "Grandma-downstairs?"

5 comments:

  1. Hi Havelah and Adam -- I saw that you had a blog by reading Reni's. I'm so happy! I love to see what everyone's up to and see the beautiful children that are born into this world and what a blessing they are to our family, and to me. I love you and Adam so much. Adam and I are only 3 days apart, growing up, I ALWAYS knew (even through struggles) that Adam was, would be, and is a Wonderful Man of God! I love him like a brother and I'm so glad he found you. You are so humble and caring, I can tell that. And I hope to get to know you better and that all of us cousins always stay in touch :) You're little girls are angels...they are so so cute! Love you all... Darla Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyla, you SWEET thing! I was happy to see you guys on Sunday. I love your baby! She is a DOLL!
    Love you Guys,
    Love Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hav! Hurray, you are blogging! Hopefully I can get back into it soon. Your family is beautiful, and I'm so happy you had such a nice conference weekend with lovely family! How sweet of Kyla to love her G-ma so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Havelah--I love your blog! So fun to see your beautiful family and hear how you are doing. Sorry we were in and out all last weekend and missed you; thanks for trying to catch us. We sure love you and all of your awesome family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We miss you too Tracy! In a few weeks we will be in G-ville for a week or so after Adam's surgery, so maybe the girls and I can come and visit you then?! I love ya, hope that you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete