Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend



I don't have many pictures loaded, but I didn't want to wait to blog it! Last weekend, we got in the car to go fishing...and Adam just kept driving and driving...he took me to Winnemucca as a surprise for Mothers day! I got to spend Mothers Day with my Mama, and it was the BEST surprise EVER! He is so thoughtful! I wanted to cry when I found out where we were going. It was such a sacrifice for him to do that, since he is in school this summer, and had so much to do. Saturday was just PERFECT. I got to be with Mom and the girls for all of the day, and Dad and Jacob and Adam were able to be together a lot too. It was a dream come true for me, I have been wanting to visit them with Adam for so long now. 
WHAT A SWEET MAN I HAVE!!

We forgot Kyla's Jammies, so I found a clearance item at WalMart...BATMAN! Adam loved seeing his little girl dressed up like a boy...maybe the closest thing he will ever get to having a boy! :-) Kyla loved being there, and was so sad when we had to leave.  She loves her Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents so much. 

On the way home we were able to stop at Adam's family's home for a little while too, and that was so fun. The big downer is that while we were there, Kyla was feeling really sick and had a high fever. Adam his Dad and Dan were able to give her a blessing, and that was such a comfort. I love that they are ready, worthy, and willing to use the Priesthood to bless our lives.  I was so glad that she had had that blessing before the night was through. She and I were up most of the night, she had an EXTREMELY high fever. We almost took her in to the emergency room, and it was so scary. I kept feeding her popsicles and sponging her down, and trying to cool her off...and it was so sad to see her feeling so miserable. At about 2 in the morning, I had Adam come down and look at her to see if she needed to go in and we just didn't know. So he gave her another blessing, one of comfort since she was so upset. After that I felt at peace and she was able to calm down.
The power of the Priesthood is truly remarkable. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father loves us enough to allow us to exercise our faith in behalf of our loved ones, and I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who does his best to honor his priesthood.

Speaking of faith, I was wondering if those of you who read this blog will pray for our little Naomi Lynn. Yesterday at her check-up, the Doctor was concerned that her head isn't growing correctly and referred us to Primary Childrens. If the diagnosis is right, she will need to wear a helmet and perhaps have surgery to correct the plates in her head so that her brain growth isn't prohibited. If you could remember her in your prayers, we would be grateful.
Sorry this was such a long post! So much going on...we love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about you two sick girlies! I sure hope they feel better! Hopefully Naomi's head will be okay. What a fun Mother's Day! That sounds like a great surprise and Kyla makes a great batwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primary Childrens is a great place Hava and they will take good care of your little girl. I had my first eye surgery there when I was seven months old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I am Camilles Sister in law and I sell Usborne Books. I dont know if you have ever heard of them but they are awesome childrens books. I was wondering if you would be interested in having a party at your house so that you can get a ton of books for free? Let me know. janibeenfield@gmail.com 801-703-4733
    Janelle Beenfield

    ReplyDelete